In December, we travelled up north to complete virtual tours for North Coast 500 Pods at both their Brora and Achmelvich sites (which won the glamping site of the year in 2020). To show off their sites, we decided to create a virtual tour that extended out over the whole site, rather than just looking at one pods or a communal area.
Purpose of a virtual tour
- To allow customers to visualise themselves at the site so that they can become familiar with all the Glamping site amenities before they set foot in person.
- To incorporate the welcome pack and other content to turn the tour into an interactive guide using Mattertags.
- Allow NC500 pods to continue to be a leader in the rapidly growing glamping industry. They are known for their adept digital and social media footprint, and a virtual tour enhances this even further.
- The full site virtual tour that we decided to go for certainly gave us some challenges. As far as we are aware, this is the first attempt at a full site tour in the UK.
- The Matterport Pro 2 Camera we use doesn’t react well with direct sunlight as infrared depth sensors create the 3D Dolls house model. It was essential to capture the tour just after sunrise to mitigate this as much as possible.
- Each site took around 4 hours to scan, consisting of around 200 scans each.
- We were able to embed the welcome back within the tour and offer more information at many vital points within the tour use Mattertags. We have included links directly from the tour to the booking checkout page.
- The Brora site was also uploaded to Google maps. It received over 2,000 views within the first week of publishing
For more information regarding a tour like this for your glamping site or to receive a quote please email us at email@example.com